what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 9 March 2012

Lotty

In a pub I approach a table at which there are three girls and a pack of playing cards.  I explain my resolution and, without a moment's hesitation, one offers her hand and an answer.  She has a strong Californian drawl and I think, but find it unlikely, that she is saying 'Lardy'.  I have to ask her to repeat it three times before I understand.  I point at the cards and ask if she has been doing magic tricks.  She says no but that they have been using them to play drinking games all evening.  I leave them to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment