what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 31 March 2012

Gabrielle Lucie

In the early stages of a wedding reception, I meet a large middle-aged lady from Paris.  She is a pharmacist and dressed from head-to-toe in shades of grey and silver.  She wears strappy shoes and has a feathered fascinator in her hair.  I ask my question in broken French.  'J'ai une resolution de la nouveau anee', I begin.  After some time we come to an understanding and I get my answer.

Eight hours later we bump into each other again collecting our coats.  Hers is a silver mackintosh with a matching handbag.  I am impressed by her consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment