what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 14 July 2012

Alabama

Making a short film with an actress, she is a nurse and I am a patient expecting a vaccination.  Between takes, with syringe-poised, she tells me the middle names of her three year-old twins.  They have four each and a double-barreled surname.  'My husband and I just didn't like the same names', she tells me.  I tell her that I have no chance of remembering them all so I pick my favourite.  'I wanted my daughter's first name to be Alabama but she's got quite an Alabama-esque personality so it's probably a good thing that we didn't choose to emphasise it', she says.

Later, I meet the three year-olds in question.  They both have short hair pushed into a slight parting.  She has a pink tricycle and asks my name.  He has a musical tea-pot to which we dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment