what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 8 July 2012

Elaine

Walking past the entrance to a McDonald's in the rain, I am tapped on the shoulder by a woman in a hooded jacket with a furry trim.  'Excuse me', she says, 'do you have 28p you could lend?'  I pause long enough for her to continue.  'I'm trying to get some money to top up my Oyster card so I can get the bus'.  I look in my pocket and find thirty pence.  'Thank you', she says, 'I'm saving up to get one pound thirty, but you can't really ask people for all that'.

I tell her about my resolution.  She is happy to give me an answer and explains the reasoning.  'My Dad wanted to call me Elaine but my Mum wanted to call me Janet so she decided to call me Janet and use the other as me middle', she says.  I thank her.  ''Salright', she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment