what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 29 July 2012

Dev

Asking about wire brushes, plaster and hard-wearing bin bags in the local hardware shop, I am helped by a man with rectangular spectacles and a string necklace.  He is wearing a blue shirt, cargo shorts and white trainers.  He suggests that I come back tomorrow if I want more informed advice.

On my way out, I ask my question.  'In Indian it means something to do with being Godlike', he says.  I say that it sounds like a good name to have been given.  'I don't like it', he says.  'People say that it does not go with me but I have not been bothered to change it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment