what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 9 July 2012

Alexander John

On the way out of a basement bar in Soho, I approach a round table at which three young men are sitting.  One has hair that is short and peroxide blonde and comes to a widow's peak at the front.  Another has a woolen jumper and a beard.  The third sits opposite me with a straight back and a red bobble hat.

I address the table with my question.  The blonde man gets in first.  'I've got two', he says and offers a response.  'Do you just need the one?' says the man with the beard.  Without wanting to disappoint I explain that I do.  'Thank you very much', I say.  The two of them nod in acquiescence.  The man in the bobble hat remains immobile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment