what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 20 July 2012

Newton

In the pub and a girl with fringed blonde hair in a high pony-tail asks if a chair at the table is spare.  Her top is black and white stripes and her glasses are statement.  I tell her that it is but ask for a middle name in return.

'I don't have one', she says.  'Although my Mum always said I could have Newton because we're supposed to be related'.  I look suitably impressed.  'But she makes a lot of stuff up so I don't necessarily believe her'.

I decide that, for the purposes of my new year's resolution, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment