what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 5 July 2012

Joel(le?) and Elizabeth

A courier with a luminous gilet and an over-sized black baseball cap arrives at my door with a package.  I think I recognise him from yesterday.  'Yeh, but it was for a different number', he says when I check.  I sign the computer screen to acknowledge receipt and ask my question.  He pronounces it as I would imagine to be a girl's name but I don't have time to check the spelling.

Later, I meet the mother of my brother's girlfriend over a family lunch.  She has come to pick up her daughter after six months abroad.  The subject of my blog comes up and she offers up her middle name.  A bonus.  She didn't use to like it but now she has taken to using a shortened version in her e-mail address.

No comments:

Post a Comment