what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 16 July 2012

Elizabeth

At a story-telling event, grown-ups have five minutes to tell the audience something that has happened to them.  On my own, I perch in the only space available.  The girl next to me has blonde hair and a scarf patterned with flowers.  She asks if I have been before.  I say I haven't and mutter something about living nearby and deciding to pop by.  She mutters something about a friend standing her up.  'I think it's important to sometimes be brave and do things on one's own', I say.  'Cheers to that', she says clinking my glass.  She has a pint of Hoegarden with a lemon floating on top.  I have a pint of Guinness.  'Nothing to be ashamed of', she adds.

Later, I ask my question.  'I've never been asked my middle name before my first name', she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment