what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 12 July 2012

Douglas

Taking shelter from the rain and cold in the corner of a pub, a man in a leather jacket approaches and puts both hands on our table.  'I know you think I'm going to ask for something', he says, 'but I woke up this morning with a terrible hang-over and I'm tryin'a blag a fag'.  His hair is shaved at the sides and short and gelled at the top.  His face is round.  I apologise and say I don't have one.  'Not to worry, mate', he says putting his hand out to shake.  It is covered with smatterings of white paint.  I use the opportunity to ask my question.

'That is ironical', he says, 'That is ironical'.  I ask him why.  'Well that's your new year's resolution he says and mine was not to tell anyone mine'.  He tells me anyway.  He chuckles.  'I feel like having a bit of a moment here', he says standing upright and putting his hands on his hips, 'I'm having a bit of a moment'.

He has his moment.  I thank him for his help.  He excuses himself and I wish him luck with his blagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment