what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 24 July 2012

Ann

Registering at my local doctor, the health assistant asks me probing questions about my alcohol intake and substance abuse.  'How often do you have memory-loss or black-outs as a result of alcohol?' she asks, 'Never, less than monthly, once or twice a month, weekly or daily?'  Her face is fixed in a wry smile.

She checks my blood pressure, weight and urine sample.  She asks in detail about the medical condition of my family.  'So that's your health-check complete', she tells me.

I use the opportunity to ask a question of my own.  She seems pleased to give an answer.  'So how's that going for you?' she asks.  I tell her that some days are better than others.  'Today has been nice though', I add.

'That's very unusual', she says smiling at her computer screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment