what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 13 July 2012

Marie

Over supper amongst people I don't know very well, the subject comes up of when was the last time I was humiliated.  I explain this project and the relative regularity of such an occurrence as a result.  It is difficult to tell if the reaction is intrigued, amused or aghast.

Only one at the table had I never met before and she provides today's answer.  She has just finished a degree in screen-writing and is a single mum with two daughters.  Her hair is long and wavy and she is interested in themes of female sexuality.  She dismisses the idea that her name might be French.  Someone else suggests Irish.  She thinks that is more likely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment