what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 1 June 2012

Agatha

Waiting to watch a film about sex addiction, I accidentally kick over and break a glass.  'Ooooh', say the two black ladies in front of me, 'We know it was you'.  They laugh.  I go to find a dustpan and brush.

After the film I approach and tell them my resolution.  'Oh is it now?' says the one closest to me.  Her hair is done up in a high bun and she is wearing an ivory necklace.  Her friend leans back on her chair.  She looks dubious. 

'It's just something I've been trying to do everyday', I say trying not to sound perverted.  The one closest to me gives me an answer.  'After Christie?' I ask.  'I don't think after Christie', she replies, 'I don't know.  I never asked'.  I thank her for her help.  'Good luck with your quest', she says as I leave. 

Her friend watches me go.  She remains dubious.

No comments:

Post a Comment