what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 20 June 2012

Michael Patrick

The German girl who is staying with me confirmed the statement of 26th March that it is posh in Germany to have a middle name. She is not posh. 

Instead I approach a man sitting by the window of the pub with neatly cropped grey hair and a tanned face.  On his knee sits a small and similarly well-groomed dog.  'I've not heard that one before', he says smiling to my request.  His companion has spiky hair and a brightly-coloured t-shirt.  The dog takes an interest.  'Are you Irish?' I ask on being given an answer.  'Couldn't be more so', he replies.  The dog is called Tayto.

No comments:

Post a Comment