what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 3 June 2012

Alexandra Mary

A tall woman from Washington arrives at my front door to stay for two night's over the Jubilee.  She is wet from the rain.  'Are you a fan of the monarchy?' I ask over a cup of tea.  'I suppose I am a bit', she says, her legs crossed on my sofa, 'I came over for William and Kate's wedding'.  I nod.  'Actually I also came over for the Golden Jubilee - it was a fantastic occasion'.  'You're quite keen then', I suggest.  'And the Queen Mother's funeral was really beautiful'.

Sadly she doesn't have a middle name so today's instead belong to the object of her affection and the reason a thousand boats floated down the Thames on a grey afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment