what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 27 June 2012

Indiscretion

The self-proclaimed middle name of one of Hollywood's top female script writers who died today.  She knew the identity of "Deep Throat", source of the Watergate scandal, years before it was revealed to the world and 'dealt with the situation by telling pretty much anyone who asked me, including total strangers'.  She also claimed to be the only young woman who worked as an intern in Kennedy's White House whom the President did not make a pass at because he 'somehow sensed that discretion was not my middle name'.

About life she said she would not miss, amongst other things, 'E-mail', 'Bras' and 'The sound of the vacuum cleaner', but that she would miss 'Waffles', 'The concept of waffles' and 'Fireworks'.

'Be the heroine of your life, not the victim', she said.  I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment