what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 22 June 2012

Meredith and Fraser

Bright red and peroxide blonde hair catch my eye from the corner of a pub.  A boy and girl are facing each other on a banquette.  She (the red-head - long and curly with dark roots) and he (blonde - combed back in a brisk side-parting) look as though they could be on a band.

I interrupt their tete-a-tete to ask my question.  The girl sits forward and, with authority, tells me both.  'We're brother and sister', she explains.  I bring up their opposing hair colours.  'We used to be the same', she says pointing at her brother, 'but mine started to fall out'.

We talk about my resolution, the difficulty of approaching strangers and the importance of human interaction.  On leaving them to it, I shake their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment