what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 8 June 2012

Alexander Robert

In a charity shop on the high street of a small town, I take six pint glasses to the counter.  'Where's the price tag?' asks the shop assistant.  He is young with shaggy hair and a light sprinkle of acne.  His t-shirt bears the slogan; 'All my life I have dreamed of being a gangster'.  There is a picture of a pink gun.

'They're £1.99', I say pointing at the label.  'That's good value', he says.  I agree.  He does not have any suitable bags so I suggest that I don't need one.  'You'll look cool carrying them down the street anyway', he says.

He seems glad to offer his middle names.  'I'm part Scottish, part English and a little bit Irish with about ten percent Swedish but that's been forgotten about', he explains.

I thank him, stack the glasses and leave looking cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment