what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 17 June 2012

Grey

Admiring some stained glass angels in an open studio, the other artists call the man responsible to come and say hello.  'It's the angel maker', says my friend.  'Bet you've never been called that before', says one of his studio colleagues.

He is a middle aged man with hair that matches his middle name and a kind face.  He is wearing a pale shirt with thin vertical stripes of colour.  The shapes of the angels are designed by children at his son's school (they are appealingly wonky) and he turns them into stained glass.  He explains the method to us in detail.

He smiles and nods as we are about to move on.  I ask my question.  'I'd be glad to', he says and he answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment