what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 2 June 2012

Anthony

Looking for a cable in a South London market, I ask at a stall that sells mobile phones and plays loud beats from a ghetto blaster.  Th man behind the stall turns down the volume to hear my request and then puts it up again and tells me to wait for the owner.  A tall and thin man approaches the stall.  His dress is dapper; a black waistcoat over a red, white and blue striped shirt.  He also wears a patriotic baseball cap made up of the national colours except it is emblazoned with the words 'Los Angeles'.  He is black and his two front teeth are missing.

He tells me to come behind the stall and look for the cable.  He does not have the one I am looking for.  Before leaving I ask my question.  'What's your motive?' he asks.  I explain.  He tells me.  'How's it going for you?' he asks.  I tell him that I do have a name for every day so far.  He nods his head in approval and proffers a hand.  I shake it.  It is very big.

No comments:

Post a Comment