what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 5 June 2012

Roy and Lynne

The pavement in front of me is blocked by a group of five grey-haired sexagenarians.  They are crowded round number 138 bearing cameras.  The '8' has come loose and is hanging at an angle.  'Is this an important house?' I ask, waiting for them to clear a way.  'We used to live here in the sixties', says a bald man with a round face and glasses, 'when we were students'.  He looks pleased.  A woman with sensibly cut hair and a bright blue rain-jacket asks if I live here.  I tell them I live at number 96.  'We haven't come down specially for this', she says hurriedly.

I explain my resolution.  The bald man who has a short but upright posture offers his straight-away.  The woman in the blue rain-jacket adds hers more sheepishly afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment