what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 14 June 2012

Mafic

The evening in a historic palace and there is a rush to buy ponchos.  One lady is holding a basket-full, the other is scanning and taking the money.  'I know you' says the lady at the till.  She had tried to sell me one earlier.  'I told you you'd want one'.  She has a a sky-blue polo-shirt and long dark hair.  She is cheerful and I ask her my question.  'It's Muslim - my father's name', she tells me efficiently.

The lady carrying the basket calls out to me as I am making my way out of the shop, 'I love your new year's resolution'.  She is older, her hair is grey and her teeth crooked.  'Thank you', I say.  She asks my middle name.  I tell her.  We share a smile.  But the rain is coming down harder and there are more ponchos to be sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment