what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 29 June 2012

Alan

A neighbour knocks on my door with a chartered surveyor in tow.  He hands me his card.  'You want to know who's poking round', he says.  He is bald with a grey moustache and an air of experience.  Together they investigate the layout of my flat.  'It's not going to be a problem', he says with authority.

I use the opportunity to ask about fixing a bookshelf to a stud wall.  He explains in detail about batterns and butterfly screws.  He draws a diagram.

Back at the door I ask my question.  A flicker of doubt crosses his face before a conclusive answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment