what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 16 June 2012

Nickolai

A busty girl suggests a cupcake when I say I am looking for a bite to eat.  She is wearing a tight-fitting shirt with vertical stripes and a necklace of plastic hearts.  Her hair is dark and tied-back with a fringe.  She has heavy eye-liner and an Eastern-European accent.

I choose a bakewell slice but there is not enough change in the till.  'Wait one minute', she says and finds just enough coins from her own purse.  I thank her and explain my resolution.  'In my country the middle name is after the father', she says.  She has an identical twin sister who has the same name, 'except that she has blonde hair now'.  She tells me that her sister has gone back to Bulgaria for medical reasons.  'I think they look after her very well there', she says.


No comments:

Post a Comment