what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 21 June 2012

David Victor and Victoria

On my way home wearing a tie, I approach a young couple who are leaning against the wall of the tube station smoking cigarettes.  'Only in London', says the boy with a mop of dark hair over his forehead.  They give me an answer.  'It's weird because we're going out', says the girl, with big eyes.  She tells me about the gig they have just been to.  'It was amazing', she says, 'why didn't you go?'  I tell her I was busy at the other end of town.  'You look very smart', she says.

(On the bus I think the omens are auspicious for this pair, their middle names resembling both Britain's favourite celebrity couple and a film starring Julie Andrews as a struggling soprano who finds work as a male-female impersonator.)

No comments:

Post a Comment