what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 8 October 2012

Ailsa

In a newly-opened multinational supermarket I buy bananas, kiwi fruit and milk.  The lady behind the check-out seems approachable and asks nicely if I have a clubcard but, to my question, she laughs and claims not to have one.

Instead I turn to the girl behind me.  She has long dark hair and a basket full of groceries.  I explain myself.  'Aah', she says.  'That's nice'.  She gives me an answer.

'As in Home and Away?' I ask.  'As in the Scottish island', she replies.  I ask if she is Scottish.  'No', she says, 'but my mum obviously liked the name and she just stole it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment