what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 27 October 2012

Ralf

A man is tying his bicycle to a post on the pavement.  On the front is attached a shopping basket.  He is wearing a large woollen scarf that envelops the lower part of his face.  I approach to ask my question.  He grins, seemingly pleased to be asked.  'Yes', he says.  'I have a middle name'.  On his nose are perched a small pair wire-rimmed spectacles.

I have to ask him to spell it before I can decipher his accent.  He is from Germany.  He puts out his hand to shake mine.  I wish him a good evening and leave him to his D-lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment