what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 21 October 2012

Keith

Walking towards me on the street is a stocky man with short hair.  He smiles as he approaches.  I stop to ask him my question.  He is holding a cigarette in front of his chest.  He is very pleased to be asked.  He is Australian.

He says that he only arrived a day ago but is already over the jet-lag.  It's like 'chasing the back tail of a rocking horse', he says.  He grins.  I nod and ask him how he is finding London.  'Mad as a cut snake', he replies.  'I love it'.  He is very keen.  He tells us that he is a funeral director back home so this is a good break for him.  He asks me and my friend where we are from.  We tell him that we are Londoners.  He is pleased to meet us.

As we are leaving he tells me I look like that 'spiderman fellow'.  My friend suggests that he means Tobey Maguire, which seems to be correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment