what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 15 October 2012

Margaret

In a department store, an elderly lady asks me the price of a high-hanging handbag.  It is small and beige and is made from the skin of a faux-reptile.  It has been reduced from forty-nine pounds to nineteen pounds and ninety pence.  She is grateful for my help.  I ask for a middle name in return.

She chuckles.  She is wearing a pair of gold-rimmed spectacles.  On her feet are a pair of well-worn red loafers.  Her hair is white and curly.  She tells me her 'second name'.  I thank her for her help.  She smiles broadly and turns back to consider her possible purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment