what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 13 October 2012

Elizabeth Joy

Eating an omelette in the autumnal sunshine, the changeable British weather decides to change.  There is no space inside so the waiter brings out a large golfing umbrella under which we can shelter ourselves and our lunch.  He doesn't have another one for the couple sitting at the adjacent table with lattes.  I offer a poor substitute from my bag (it is small, broken and patterned with strawberries).  They accept with gratitude.

As the rain pours down around us I take the opportunity.  The man points to his partner.  'She's got two', he tells me.  'That's two-in-one'.  She gives me two answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment