what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 9 October 2012

Patrick

A plumber comes to switch my cold water supply from tank feed to the mains.  His hair has a hint of ginger and he is wearing a boiler suit.  He is Irish but now lives locally.  We discuss the new supermarket, property prices around the area and the North London/South London divide.  He tells me I should put sealant round the bathtub asap.

Job done, I ask my question.  'Whaat!?' he replies (the punctuation is pronounced).  'That is weird'.  He wants to know how I've done it.  I explain that it has involved approaching quite a lot of strangers.  'That is hard, man', he says.  Then he gives me an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment