what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 24 December 2012

Fuck Off, Lennon, Kieran and Lee

The night before Christmas and four youths are stumbling down the pavement wearing a variety of hoodies and sportswear. One, with a fluffy moustache, stares intently and nods as I explain my request.  Another, with a pointy nose and spiky hair, directs his response close to my face.  'How about mine's, fuck off', he says.  'Really?' I reply.  A third, who is wearing a grey hoodie over a white t-shirt, shakes his head.  'Nah, nah, nah', he says and gives me an answer with a flick of his wrist.  'As in John Lennon?' I ask.  He points at his chest.  'As in Dominic Lennon', he replies.  The fourth, whose head is shaved, has walked ahead.  He turns round and throws his arms in the air to announce his.  The one with the fluffy moustache is the last to give me an answer as they stagger away in high spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment