what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 14 December 2012

Lionel

In a shopping centre between Snappysnaps and Poundland, a girl tries to hand me a leaflet about a charity that help people in crisis.  I tell her that I already donate via direct debit each month.  She gives me a high-five.  She is wearing gloves.

I take advantage of the goodwill to ask my question.  She doesn't have one but turns to her colleague who is standing by the stall.  He looks bored and is wearing a black overcoat underneath which peaks a red tie.  He smiles.  'Why do you want to know that?' he asks.  I explain.  He gives me an answer.  'After Thundercats?' I ask (although I remember later that I was thinking of Lion o).  'After Ritchie', he replies.

I thank them for their help.  'You've made my day with that question', says the girl and I receive a second gloved high-five.

No comments:

Post a Comment