what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 23 December 2012

Guy and Ann

Walking towards me are a youngish couple.  'It's not 2012 yet', says the girl when I stop them to explain my resolution.  She is wearing maroon tights and a bright blue coat.  Her hair matches her legs.

I have to tell her that it has been 2012 for quite some time.  The man cottons on.  'You must be nearly finished then', he says.  He is wearing a dark padded coat with a yellow lining.  His hair is short and windswept.  I tell him that he is right.

'We've got two', says the girl.  'Do you want them both?'  The man clarifies.  'Not two each', he says.  'Two between us'.  I ask what they are and check the spelling.  We all agree that they are good, simple middle names.  'That's what middle names should be', says the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment