what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 21 December 2012

Simone

The DJ is playing tunes at my local and people are getting up to dance.  Two enthusiastic ladies approach our table and try to drag us away from our pints.  When we suggest that we might finish our drinks first, one of the ladies, who has a fringe and blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, holds a tea light over my head.  'I'll pour hot wax on you if you don't dance', she says.  'Please don't', I reply.  She doesn't.  They move on.

Later, on my way back from the toilet, my wrist gets grabbed by the other of the two.  She is tall, with long dark hair that is wavy.  She wears a strappy top and leather boots.  'We don't mean no malice', she says.  'We work for a charity'.  Prince is singing about the night before the millenium and I throw some half-hearted shapes.  As the song ends I ask my question.  She gives me an answer and lets me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment