what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 28 December 2012

Martin

In a London pub, I am having difficulties deciding what to drink  I am honing in one a light hoppy ale.  'This is what it looks like', says the man who is sitting on a bar stool next to me.  He is large with short white hair and speckled stubble.  His posture is slouched.

'Can he sniff it?', asks my friend who has been out of the country for several months.  He is taken aback.  I tell him that I probably don't need to and order it anyway.  Whilst waiting for it to be poured, I ask my question.  He gives me an answer.  'Sorry', he says.  'I'm still a bit in shock'.  I ask why.  'It's been a long time since a young lady asked if she could sniff it', he replies.  I don't like to put him right.

No comments:

Post a Comment