what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 3 December 2012

Terry and Marie

Two girls are huddled outside a shop in the cold.  One has turned up the collar of her tweed overcoat.  The other is wearing a green bobble hat and a thick scarf of many colours.  I ask my question.  The girl in the tweed overcoat answers first.  Her friend is surprised by the answer.  'My Mum is Italian', she says, 'so it was going to be Teresa' (the italics indicate an Italian accent and hand gesture).  'But then she was moving to London so she wanted to make it a bit more...'  'Street?' I suggest.  'Urban', she replies.  I check the spelling.

She looks towards her friend.  'What's yours?' she asks.  The girl in the bobble hat gives an answer.  'French?' I ask.  'No, just boring', she replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment