what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 27 January 2012

Ann (without an 'e')

Helping a friend with auditions, our fifth auditionee is a Scottish lady with blonde highlights and reading glasses.  Whilst acting she makes good use of gesticulation.  She is perky.  As she is leaving I decide to forgo professionality and ask my question.  'I wonder whether you can guess?' she says.  I try to wrack my brain.  'It begins with an 'A'', she hints.  I get it first time.  It is tradition in her family that the girls get given their grandmother's first name as their middle.  Luckily she had twins so she was able to give one grandmother's name to each.  'Not that anyone cares', she says.  They are eight and a half.  She tells us that she has just become a single Mum.  'Bastard', she adds.  Then, by way of explanation, 'He's a Leo'.  I ask hers.  She is an Aquarius.  Her time at drama school had opened her up and he didn't like it.  'I gained an acting training but I lost a husband', she says, 'I'm a tough old bird'.

Not being star-sign expert, I resorted to an oracle website to research the compatibility of Leo and Aquarius.  Apparently it is a case of 'opposites attract'.  They are easily charmed by one another but can also find each other quite frustrating.  Leo men do not like to waste their time on 'frolicsome matters'.  On the plus side, 'Leo man and Aquarius woman has one of the freshest and sweetest mating among all the zodiac signs ... Though Aquarius woman is fizzy and dreamy in her mind but once she is in the arms of her Leo man who has extreme emotions for sexual desire, their all arguments and differences turn into moments of passion'.

I'm sorry that 'the freshest and sweetest mating' did not prove enough for my auditionee and her Leo.

No comments:

Post a Comment