what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 20 January 2012

Moira

A roll of luxury wrapping paper fell out of the bag of a statuesque lady with short grey hair as she was walking purposefully down a busy high street.  I chased after her with the roll in my hand.  She thanked me for my good deed.  I admitted my ulterior motive.  Her neck craned away from me.  'A maiden name?'.  I corrected her mistake.  'Moira', she replied, her eyes held in suspicion.  'Is that from Australia?' I asked.  I had detected an accent.  'No.  Zimbabwe', she replied, 'the black hole'.  I wasn't sure what she meant by this so I let her go.

No comments:

Post a Comment