what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 30 January 2012

Vijay

Buying some milk and bananas for breakfast, I didn't ask the topless woman who was stalking the aisles of the supermarket demanding a refund.

Instead I waited until I was home and on the phone to a phone, broadband and television provider.  After a lengthy conversation in which we bashed out the details of my service plan, installment and direct debit, the girl on the other end asked if I had any more questions.  I said I only had one.  She seemed disappointed to be unable to help.  She told me that her parents had decided that her name was long enough already.  Not to be deterred, I asked if she had any siblings and whether they were equally bereft.  She told me that no one in her family had more than two names except her Dad.  She didn't know why.  I had my answer.  He still lives in Mauritius but the rest of them are over here.  She hasn't been back for eight years.  She recommended it highly as a holiday destination.  We agreed that if I had any left over from my phone, television and broadband expenditure I should save up to go.

I hung up the phone very satisfied with the level of customer service I had received.

No comments:

Post a Comment