what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 28 January 2012

Richard

Sat next to a keen cyclist with grey hair at a wedding, he introduced himself as an abbreviation of the surname on his place-card.  There followed a discussion of names in which the middle was mentioned in passing.  We acknowledged that it was the same as my first and went on to talk about music copy-writing, the potential of the internet and different approaches to mid-life crises.  He told me he hadn't recognised his good friend and fellow cyclist in a suit because they usually only see each other in lycra.

No comments:

Post a Comment