what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 9 January 2012

Olutola

I moved today and didn't dare ask my new neighbour who answered the door when I had locked myself out.  After a failed attempt at asking a shop assistant in the local supermarket for carrot batons and his middle name (neither received a positive response), a friend accosted a customer for me on my second trip of the evening.  He was wearing a snowflake jumper under a padded sleeveless gilet.  He was carrying a basket and, with a nod, he smiled.  He was quite specific about the spelling and asked how we would remember it.  I kept it in my head until I got back and wrote it on the wrapping paper that had come off a house-warming gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment