what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 1 January 2012

John and Liz


Across a stile on a cliff-top in Devon I explained my New Year’s scheme to a middle-aged couple in matching black cagoules.  Her hood was tightly drawn to her face against the elements.  She wore blue-rimmed glasses and was short.  He had white facial hair and said “guinea pigs?” when I asked if they might help me out.  I didn’t need both their names but they seemed keen to offer.  I should have asked whether ‘Liz’ was short for Elizabeth but I didn’t.  They were from Basingstoke.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment