what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 25 January 2012

Koirala

In search of a spoon with which to eat my Greek-style yogurt and granola, I decided to try my luck in a quiet Burger King.  The server gave me a choice of big or small.  I chose the smaller of the two he offered.

As an after-thought I returned to the counter.  This time he looked puzzled.  A supervisor approached and I had to explain myself a second time.  'It's quite strange', I said.  'Yes', she replied in clear disapproval.  I looked back to my server, 'Is there any chance you could tell me yours?'  I thought my luck had run dry.  'It's quite difficult.  I can write it for you'.  He wrote on the back of a credit card receipt.  By this time another member of staff was hovering in the background with a grin on her face.  'It's from Nepal', he said.  I thanked them and left with more than I had a right to expect.  Perhaps I should have bought a whopper with cheese as a sign of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment