what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 16 January 2012

Hugo

I was stopped in the street by a tall man with strawberry-blonde hair and stubble.  He was part of a group and he asked if I knew any good local pubs.  'We are five stranded Swedes and a Spanish', he told me.  I pointed him in the direction of the river and told him to go to the one down the cobbled street and on your right.  In the spirit of tit for tat I asked him for his middle name.  He began by saying that he had a few, then seemed to think better of it and settled on 'Hugo'.  'Hugo?' I asked.  'Yes, Hugo', he said.  'Why Hugo?'.  He replied that it was his grandfather's name.  On his mother's side.

I realised afterwards that there were probably nicer pubs that I could have recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment